“Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. cookies allow the website to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient.
This policy helps to explain the occasions when and why cookies may be sent to visitors to the website (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our” or “Company”). Please take a moment to read our cookies Policy before continue using our websites.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Cookies allow West Road Spirits to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our Site. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in the website or in emails to help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may analyze or perform analysis based on the use of these technologies and generate reports on an individual and aggregated basis.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on the website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
· to recognize your computer when you visit the website.
· to track you as you navigate the website, and to enable the use of any facilities.
· to improve the website’s usability.
· to analyse the use of the website.
· in the administration of the website.
· to personalize the website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Depending on the purpose:
1. Technical cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to browse the web page, platform or application and use the different options or service on it, e.g. to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted web site areas, to record elements that go to make up an order, to make a subscription or an application to participate in an event, to use security elements during browsing, to store content to broadcast videos or sound or to share content over the social networks
2. Geolocation cookies: these cookies permit us to know form where the user is requesting a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used for example to offer you’re the proper information depending on the country where you are.
3. Personalization cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to access the service pursuant to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as e.g., language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
4. Analysis cookies: are those that enable its owner, monitoring and analysing the behaviour of users of the website to which they are linked. The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of the website, platform or application and for profiling navigation of users of the website, platform or application, in order to improve the website based on those analysis.
5. Advertising cookies: these are cookies enable us to manage the offer of the advertising space on the web page as efficiently as possible, adapting the ad content to the content of the service requested or the use you make of our web page. These Third-Party cookies are placed by third party advertising platforms or networks in order to, deliver ads and track ad performance, enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioural” “tracking” or “targeted” advertising) on the website. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with advertising that you may be interested in, on the West Road Spirits and other websites. For example, these cookies remember which browsers have visited the website. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
6. Behavioural advertising cookies: these are cookies that enable the efficient as possible management of the advertising space available on the website. These cookies store information on user behaviour from continued observation of user browsing habits, thus enabling the developing of a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behaviour in question.
7. Functionality cookies: during your visit to the website, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your language or your region) on the website application. They also store your preferences when personalizing the website to optimize your use of West Road Spirits. These preferences are remembered, through the use of the persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the website you will not have to set them again.
8. Performance cookies: performance cookies are used to generate aggregated, anonymous information about how you and other users use this website and its features. For instance, our performance cookies collect information about which pages on this website you visit most often, if you open or read the communications we send, which advertisements you view or interact with on this website or other websites on which our advertisements appear, and if you receive any error messages. The information collected may be used to improve users’ online experience generally, to collate statistics, or customize your online experience by showing you content we think you will like.
Depending on the duration
1. Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to collect and store information while the user is accessing a website. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer when the session expires or the browser is closed.
2. Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie in which the data continue to be stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed and processed when the user leaves the website and when he/she returns to it. The user can delete these cookies at any time.
Depending on who manages the cookies
1. Own cookies: Are those sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
2. Third party cookies: Are those sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided but for another entity that processes the data gathered by the cookie. Likewise, in the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website itself but the information collected is managed by a third party, they will also be considered as third-party cookies.
Third parties that may set cookies via our website may also try to find out what your interests are in this way, and this information may also be used to present you with content or advertisements that appear more likely to be of interest to you on other, non-West Road Spirits websites. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
These advertising cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
Even if these advertising cookies are not used, please note that if you ever encounter advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests. These advertisements can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website. You can compare this type of content-related Internet advertisements with advertising on television.
We may use web analytics services on our Services, such as, but not limited to those of Google Analytics. These services help us analyse how users use the services, including by noting the third-party site from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section.
Google Analytics uses performance cookies to track customer’s interactions. For example, by using cookies, Google can tell us which pages our users view, which are most popular, what time of day our website is visited, whether visitors have been to our website before, what website referred the visitor to our website, and other similar information. All of this information is anonymized.
We may also use web beacons (including conversion pixels) or other technologies for similar purposes as above and we may include these on our sites, in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletter, affiliated websites, to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided below about cookies also applies to web beacons and similar technologies. Conversion pixels are small codes located on a particular web page which are triggered when someone visits a page resulting in an increase in the conversion count.
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their device a little intrusive, in particular when the information is stored and used by a third party. For example, you may object to being served advertising which is targeted to your interests based on your browsing history. If you would prefer to opt out of cookies, it is possible to control cookies by following the steps below, however you should be aware that you might lose some features and functionality of the website if you do so.
Cookies, including those which have already been set, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change the preferences/settings in your web browser to control cookies. Some internet browsers have a ‘Do Not Track or ‘DNT’ setting; this sends a signal to websites asking them not to track your browsing.
We have very limited control over these 'third party' cookies, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you understand what data these organizations hold about you, what they do with it and how you can opt-out of the same.
Please check the browser’s cookie settings support pages to confirm the most up-to-date instructions.
· Click the settings icon on the browser toolbar (three stacked lines)
· Select ‘Settings’
· Click ‘Show advanced settings’
· In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
· To enable cookies: In the “cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’. This will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies, pick ‘Block third-party cookies and site data’
· To disable cookies: In the “cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
· Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
· Click the menu button (three stacked lines) and choose ‘Preferences’
· Select the Privacy panel
· Set ‘Firefox will:’ to ‘Use custom settings for history’
· To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies from sites’
· To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from sites’
· Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Safari on OSX
· Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
· Click on ‘Privacy’
· To enable cookies: In the ‘cookies and website data:’ section, click ‘Always Allow’ or ‘Allow from websites I visit’ or ‘Allow from current website only’ depending on your preference
· To disable cookies: In the “cookies and website data:” section, click ‘Always Block’
· Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214
· From the main menu, select ‘Settings’ (or ‘Preferences’, when using OS X)
· Click ‘Advanced’
· Under “cookies”, select an option for handling cookies
· To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept’ or ‘Accept only from the sites I visit’ depending on your preference
· To disable cookies: Check ‘Never accept cookies’
· Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
· Click on ‘More’ and choose ‘Settings’
· Under “Advanced settings”, select ‘View advanced Settings’
· Under “Privacy and services – cookies”, choose the option you want.
· ‘Block all cookies’ blocks all cookies that websites try to save to your computer. ‘Block only third-party cookies’ blocks third party cookies, which are saved by external web services, such as ads embedded on webpages you have navigated to.
· Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Edge. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Microsoft Edge, refer to the following page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12454/windows-10-microsoft-edge-privacy-faq
If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website. Consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies.
The user may at any time revoke consent in relation to this cookies Policy by deleting the cookies stored on the computer through the configuration and settings of your Internet browser, as listed above.